Lily
TMC
2007-04-18 11:01:50 UTC
Hi all

Have had a lily root\tuber whatever its correct name is in a basket in my
pond

fish have disturbed it so I have got it out

The tuber is too long for the basket

It is showing signs of shooting

Question is can I just cut it in half put half in each of 2 baskets say in
aquatic on even multi purpose compost with stone to hold it in place

Its so many years since I first put it in I can't remember what I did

Regards

Tony
Steven Briggs
2007-04-22 17:00:21 UTC
Post by TMC
Hi all
Have had a lily root\tuber whatever its correct name is in a basket in my
pond
fish have disturbed it so I have got it out
The tuber is too long for the basket
It is showing signs of shooting
Question is can I just cut it in half put half in each of 2 baskets say in
aquatic on even multi purpose compost with stone to hold it in place
Its so many years since I first put it in I can't remember what I did
Regards
Tony
Yeah, chop in half and replant any bits that have shoots.
Dont use MP compost, a heavy soil is best, or buy some proper aquatic
compost form the pond/garden centre.

rec.ponds.moderated is a more lively pond group, free of abusive spam
now too.
--
steve